Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

G.M. Buck Pipe Organs (2008)

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1933)

Location:

Trinity Reformed Church
712 Apple Avenue
Holland, MI 49423 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 41730

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Reformed Churches (RCA, CRC, URC, PRC)
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 20, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 23 ranks. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 23 stops. 38 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 20, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 23
  • Registers: 38
  • Position: Console in fixed position, left.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Combination Action: 'Hold and Set' pneumatic/mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 20, 2018.
Database Manager on November 18, 2009:

Updated through online information from Milton Bos. -- The unison off couplers and the choir to swell coupler were disabled during the last rework. The decision to do so was made to get the organ functional as quickly as possible. They may not be repaired at this point.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on August 02, 2009:

Identified through online information from Chad Boorsma. -- The organ was built by W. W. Kimball in 1933 for Trinity's previous building. It was moved to the current building in 1984 by the Schantz Organ Company. G. M. Buck Pipe Organs installed a new blower, modified the wind pressure, and installed electric tremolos. The pipes are in a chamber on the left side of the room.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from the console (July 29, 2009)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 371 times.