From Wikipedia: The present brick building was erected in 1848. In 1928, a fire destroyed the interior of the sanctuary; however, the brick walls were fortunately left intact. In 1940, the name was changed to First Presbyterian Church, as it exists today.
In 1905, the first pipe organ, an Estey Organ, was purchased and subsequently installed. In 1924, the organ was improved by the M. P. Möller Company of Hagerstown, Maryland. The instrument was two manuals and pedal, of 20 ranks. This instrument was destroyed by a fire in 1928 that gutted the interior of the sanctuary. The congregation quickly rebuilt, replacing the organ with essentially the same instrument. In 1945, a three rank antiphonal division was installed in the balcony.
In 1964, a new three manual instrument was built by the Greenwood Organ Company of Charlotte, North Carolina. This was a 21 rank instrument, including the antiphonal division. Much of the pipework from the previous Möller instrument was re-voiced and re-used, with 10 ranks being new A set of chimes was also added to the instrument at this time.
In the early 1990s, the Schantz Organ Company of Orrville, Ohio was contracted to build a new instrument of 27 ranks and 1,630 pipes. Fifteen ranks of pipes were completely new (essentially the Great and Choir divisions), while some pipes and materials were carried over from the 1964 instrument. The organ is split in chambers on either side of the chancel, with the Great and Choir on the left, and the Swell and Pedal on the right.
Updated by David Hendricksen, who has heard or played the organ.
As of 2012, the Antiphonal division is no longer functional. It is disconnected, but remains in place. David Hendricksen, church organist 2002-present
The instrument is 27 ranks, rather than 28 as listed. One rank of the Great Mixture IV is derived from the 2' Fifteenth. Thus the mixture pipe count is 183 and not 244.
Identified through online information from Jeff Scofield. -- Retained four ranks from previous organ as an Antiphonal