Organ was originally built by Kimball for the Studebaker Theater in Chicago in the late 1890's. Kimball moved it to this location in 1904 or 1908. The Kilgen rebuild in 1955 brought the organ to 4 manuals and 67 ranks. The complete rebuild by Schantz in 2010 expanded the organ to 115 ranks (information from George Nelson, the church website, and Schantz Organ Company).
Identified through on-line information from Stephen Hall -- Built by Kimball in the late 1800's for another location in Chicago, moved to present location in early 1900's. Rebuilt and enlarged to 84 ranks by Kilgen in 1955 (new windchests, and console, additional pipes). Currently (2009) undergoing rebuilding by Schantz, to be reinstalled in late 2010 as a 64 rank instrument, with preparations for additional ranks. Case work and aproximately 60% of original pipe work to be retained. (information compiled from church website and on-line article from Marquette Tribune dated Sept 29, 2009)
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.