The parish closed in 2007, but continued to offer weekly hispanic services. It was slated for demolition in 2012. Appeals to the Diocese, Landmarks Commission, and Mayor fell on deaf ears. The fate of the organ is unknown.
This was the refurbishing and installation of a used organ which Moller had taken partly in-trade against the cost of a new organ. The New York City Organ Project website states, "The Agreement dated July 11, 1917 between M. P. Möller and Mary Help of Christians R.C. Church shows that Möller agreed to install a second-hand organ for a consideration of $1050 (the cost underwritten by the Society of St. Anne). This organ was originally built by an unknown builder for St. John Nepomucene R.C. Church (Slovak) in Freeland, Pa. When the Freeland church purchased a new Möller organ (ca.1917, Op. 2277), their old organ was acquired by Möller. The organ was rebuilt by Möller and equipped with an electric blower. Möller provided a 30-note pedalboard although the pedal ranks had only 27 pipes. The fate of this organ is unknown."
Status Note: There 1969.
Installed here 1918. Compass 61/27. Church acquired electronic in 1969. [Nelson indicates 1st that this was Op. 3, 1875 built for 1st Congregational, Poughkeepsie, NY, 2nd, that the bldg. is gone. The church was still listed at this address in 1987.]
Organ in rear gallery: Photograph from an archival source: New York City Organ Project website (Panoramio; credit: LuciaM), submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. Before 2007