The original organ was built by Charles Summer Warren, of Montréal, in 1871. In 1918, the instrument was rebuilt and enlarged by Karn-Morris/Woodstock, of Woodstock, ON. It was again completely rebuilt, incorporating much of the original pipework, by Casavant Frères, of St Hyacinthe, QC, in 1952/1953. In 1976, they further modified and added to the instrument when the Choir division was moved to the west of the Great division and left unenclosed. A Trompette-en-Chamade was added in 1997 by Guilbault-Thérien, of St Hyacinthe. In 2012, the 1970s Contrabass was replaced by an Open Wood made by C.S. Haskell, of Philadelphia, in the 1920s.
Identified by Rae Bolton from information furnished by Casavant Frères, courtesy of Simon Couture. -- Damaged by collapse of church wall July 4 2000; Repaired by Ross Dodington
Cathedral interior to rear: Photograph by From church Facebook page, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2017-07-19