Identified through on-line information from Chad Boorsma. -- The organ committee wanted an instrument that could be heard above the congregational singing. The organ cost $2,750 and was dedicated in April of 1903 with services held on two successive nights, both to overflow crowds. On the second night, people were waiting at the church doors at 6 o'clock to attend the 7:45 program. The organ was replaced in 1948 by an Aeolian-Skinner organ. However the Hinners facade was retained and the new organ installed behind it. Some parts of the old organ were salvaged and sold for approximately $200.
Facade and Chancel: Image from Church Anniversay Book; courtesy of Chad Boorsma. Taken on 1939-06-01
Facade and Sanctuary: Image from Church Anniversay Book; courtesy of Chad Boorsma. Taken on 2003-06-01