Updated by Timothy H. Waugh - Artist in Residence BPC, who has heard or played the organ.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Updated through online information from Brett Miller. -- Joan Lippincott served as consultant and performed the dedicatory recital. A Zimbelstern has been subsequently added to the instrument.
Technical statements of interest taken from the 1979 dedication program: The [Great] Trumpet 8' and Clarion 4' are...typical reeds for this division, except that in this organ the Clarion breaks back to 8' and even (on c''') 16' in order to maintain its intensity all the way to the treble."
"The temperament of the organ favors the more common keys, while allowing all keys to be used." "The wind pressure used is 80mm (3-1/4")." "The organ was built during February to September 1979...The technical installation was done by shop foreman Eric Kenney and Richard Aylward, with the adjustment and tonal finishing by John Farmer and Fritz Noack."
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Replaced E. M. Skinner Opus 581 (1926), previously enlarged by Lewis and Hitchcock in 1969.
Status Note: There 1996.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.