Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 1198, 1927)

Location:

St. John's Anglican Cathedral
135 Anderson Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2W 5M9 CA
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 47744

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 33 ranks. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 33 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 33
  • Position: Console in fixed position, left.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on March 02, 2011:

Updated through on-line information from The Zach.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on February 21, 2011:

Identified through on-line information from The Zach. -- Originally installed with many stops (including the whole Choir Division) prepared for. Four stops were added in 1951, another two were added in 1953. The Choir Division was installed in 1955. Further tonal revisions were done in 1980.

We received the most recent update for this note from The Zach on September 08, 2020.
Stoplist copied from the factory specificaions: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from The Zach on September 11, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 119 times.