Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Lance E. Johnson (1989)

Originally Lyon & Healy (1903)

Location:

St. Paul's Lutheran Church (new)
500 Sixth Avenue SW
Perham, MN 56573 US
Sanctuary; rear gallery
Organ ID: 47958

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 9 ranks. 518 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 7 stops. 7 registers.
Great:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
  • Built by Lyon & Healy
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.

Swell (Expressive):
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
  • Built by Lyon & Healy
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.

Pedal:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
  • Built by Lyon & Healy
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.
Main:
  • Built by Lyon & Healy
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 7
  • Registers: 7
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
We received the most recent update for this console from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.
Database Manager on May 03, 2011:

Identified through on-line information from Richard C Greene. -- Installed in old building by Wangerin in 1924. Relocated to new building by Obermeyer in 1969.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.
Stoplist taken from the console.: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Jim Stettner on March 23, 2021.

Instrument Images:

Rear gallery with organ: Photograph from an archival source: Church Facebook page, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken on 2019-12-15

Organ case in rear gallery: Photograph from an archival source: Church Facebook page, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken on 2019-02-04

This instrument has been viewed 181 times.