The instrument was completely rebuilt by R. T. Swanson, Inc. and installed in Zion in 2009. The organ was also enlarged to 16 ranks, and chimes were added from a different inner city Detroit church. The organ was donated to Zion by Mrs. Leona Hall and John and Daune Martis in memory of Franklin Hall.
The organ was originally installed in 1915 in St. Matthew's Lutheran Church in Detroit, Michigan. That church closed in 2007, and the organ was placed in storage.