Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Casavant Frères (2011)

Originally Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 412, 1910)

Location:

All Saints Anglican Cathedral
1336 Martello Street
Halifax, NS B3H 4L4 CA
Organ ID: 48875

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 79 ranks. 4,470 pipes. 7 divisions. 4 manuals. 84 stops. 65 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 7
  • Stops: 84
  • Registers: 65
  • Position: Movable console.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has a Piston Sequencer
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on October 03, 2011:

Identified through online information from Jeff Scofield. -- Originally installed in 1910 as 4/50 Casavant Op. 412; new 5-manual console installed by Casavant in 1944; rebuilt with new console in 1961 by Hill, Norman & Beard; in 2011, Casavant replaced the Hill, Norman & Beard console with the rebuilt 1962 console from Casavant Op. 2670, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Dayton, Ohio.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the factory specifications
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 307 times.