Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Daniel K. Smith (2015)

Originally Barckhoff (1890)

Location:

Grace Lutheran Church
Waynesboro, VA US
Organ ID: 50614

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ has been renovated with changes from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: EP pitman
  • 12 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): EP pitman chests
  • Position: In gallery-level chambers at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Position: Console in fixed position, center.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on November 29, 2015:

Updated through online information from Daniel Smith. -- Organ has been completely rebuilt including releathering of chests and console rebuild with new computerized control system. Digital voices also added.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on November 02, 2012:

This is a rebuild of an existing organ. Identified by T. Daniel Hancock, based on information posted to Pipechat by Bob Moody, 2012-10-30. -- Per Bob Moody, the instrument was originally installed in the church's previous building by Barckhoff in 1890, then relocated and rebuilt/enlarged by Mark Wetzel in 1959, using additional pipework from Durst. Subsequent additions have been made by Roggman (date unknown), and the instrument was most recently rebuilt by Wilhelmy, sometime between 1997 and 2012.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Typed stoplist (Source: Posted to Pipechat by Bob Moody, 2012-10-30)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 152 times.