Hull & Hull Funeral Home
612 NW A St.
Grants Pass, OR 97526 US
Organ ID: 51066
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- In 1994, the organ was given to First Lutheran in Pasco, Washington by Diane Hull because the Funeral Home was being redecorated. The organ was retrieved by parishioners from First Lutheran who then combined it with their existing 1953 Möller 3-rank Artiste.
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ.
Identified by James R. Stettner, based on personal knowledge of the organ.
-- The organ as originally installed by Balcom and Vaughan was a compilation of pipes and parts from various sources. The main chest was from a small pit Wurlitzer. bass offset chests were built by Balcom and Vaughan. The Gedeckt rank was a set of used Kimball pipes. The Vox Humana and Viol Dolce were originally intended for the "Frye job" however no such job appears on the Balcom and Vaughan opus lists. The Viol Dolce is actually a scale 56 Dulciana built by Organ Supply Industries of Erie, PA.
Sometime in the mid-to-late 1970's, the firm of Quayle and Riggs from the Medford, Oregon area was hired to perform work on the organ. It is reported they left parts of the organ in a field subjected to the effects of changing weather.
In 1984, Mr. Carter R. Lewis was hired to refurbish the organ. Mr. Lewis had moved to Grants Pass from San Diego, California where he had been involved in organ building for many years. He built new electro-pneumatic unit chests for the pipework and damaged pipes were repaired. Chimes were added to the organ at an unknown time and by an unknown person or firm.