Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

William Archibald Corrie (1846ca.)

Location:

St. James the Less Episcopal Church
Philadelphia, PA US
Organ ID: 51164

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on April 09, 2013:

A new organ installed in a new building. -- Alan Swartz identified the organ through information in A Brief History and Guide to the Church of Saint James the Less, written in 1983 by Paul W. Kayser. On page 14, there is a very short reference to the installation of the organ and its relocation and enlargement within the room in 1858. It was replaced by an Odell in 1876.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in the Philadelphia area sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 227 times.