Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This was one of Laws' imitation Austin-style consoles - right down to the wooden expression and crescendo pedals.
This entry describes alterations to an existing organ.
Identified by James R. Stettner, based on personal knowledge of the organ.
-- The building was originally built by Central Congregational Church. In 1883, Eliot Congregational of Lawrence merged with Central Congregational at Central's edifice, and the church was renamed Trinity Congregational. The Hutchings was installed a year later in 1884.
In 1923 the Hutchings was electrified and enlarged with the addition of a Choir and an Echo division, plus augmentation of the Pedal. in 1966, Lawrence Street Congregational merged with Trinity Congregational at Trinity's building, and the name changed a second time to Hope Congregational Church.