from "Organs of Greater Lawrence "by Robert Reich
Organized 1871 as Blanchard St. Methodist; bldg. on Parker St. 1873. Reed organ until c1907; merged 1956 with Central Methodist at Central Meth. bldg.; old Parker St. Meth. bldg. sold to St. Patrick's for a parish hall. * 1st organ: This church had an organ concert 4/4/1874 which implies that the new bldg. was provided with an organ when built but nothing else has been found to indicate existence of such an organ or to provide details about it. * 2nd organ: installed c1907 by Gilbert & Butler, a 2m used organ from a church in Reading, possibly the 1875 Appleton from Reading Unitarian which disbanded about that time. * 3rd organ: Austin, 2m, 1926; sold 1956 to Methodist Church, Potsdam, N.Y., installed by Wm. Patchell.
Altered and relocated existing organ. Identified by James R. Stettner, based on information from Personal research into the history of organs in Lawrence, Massachusetts. -- This may have been the 1875 Thomas Appleton originally built for Reading Unitarian Church which was discarded about this time (1907).