Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Organ relocated without any change. Identified by James R. Stettner, based on information from personal research into the history of organs in Lawrence, Massachusetts.
The Johnson was originally built for the Congregational Church in Chester, CT. It was replaced there in 1909 by a new pipe organ built by the Hall Organ Co. Hall, in turn, sold the used Johnson to Christ Presbyterian in Lawrence and installed it in 1909 for $1,449.64.We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on January 05, 2021.