This building was demolished c. 1852 when a new church on Congress at Shelby was built. This building was never the cathedral.
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by John Speller, using information found in Polk's Directory of Detroit, 1837, p. 26.. -- "The inside contains three galleries, the pulpit and orchestra in the rear, and a superior organ with four stops.â€? Additionally on p. 95 the Directory lists the organist as Geo. L. Whitney. This would have been George Lewis Whitney (1807-1867), publisher of the "Detroit Advertiser." Furthermore, in the "Journal of the First Annual Convention of the Protestant Episcopal Church of the Diocese of Michigan, held at Monroe, M.T.," May 3d., 1834, p. 18, the Curate, the Rev. Addison Searles, reports that the congregation "have a new organ, nearly ready for use, which the church shall have enlarged." St. Paul's Church is now the Cathedral.