Trinity Episcopal Church
101 East Mansion Street
Marshall, MI 49068 US
Organ ID: 51516
The organ was given to the church in memory of J. A. Way, longtime leader of the choir and member of the vestry, and his wife, Anna, by their son, Edwin C. Way.
The organ was fitted with a water motor for raising the wind and with tubular-pneumatic action. The water motor gave out by the 1920's, and young boys from the parish took turns going behind the organ to manually operate the bellows. Also, by the 1920's the tubular action was collapsing. The action was electrified by an inexpert builder. The facade of pedal pipes was retained when the church purchased its Möller organ in 1949, although they were not included in the tonal scheme (information from a history pamphlet provided by the church).
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by John Speller, using information found in Felgemaker Opus List, ca. 1920. -- Probably replaced by M. P. Moller Op. 7888 of 1949 [Organ ID 34497]