This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by James R. Stettner, using information from this web site: http://www.christchurch.org/archive.html. -- The organ was installed in a cove on the front, left side of the nave with the facade facing the congregation. The facade was 5-sectional with 19 pipes arranged: 3-3-7-3-3. A timeline on the church website states, "1870: The parish builds a Rectory at 5 South Street. The Ladies Guild presents the community with an organ and 16 oil lamps. Pew rents are abolished." Another timeline entry for 1949 states, "1949: The 1870 organ can no longer be repaired. The gingerbread trim and tower on the church are repaired." A 1951 timeline entry reveals, "1951: A second hand organ is given to us by the Church of the Holy Comforter in N.Y.C. and reconditioned and dedicated to Grace Hynard. A new door and organ curtain are hung in the area around the organ." The fate of the 1870 instrument is unknown.