Updated through online information from Timothy E. Conyers. -- The two manual and pedal pipe organ at St. Lawrence was built and installed by W. W. Kimball in 1895. It is located in the rear balcony of the church. The instrument is housed within a decorative case with some exposed pipes on the facade. There is evidence the original keydesk may have been attached to the base of the case, as the paneling woodwork is of a different design and color. There are small holes in the original case design where it appeared light fixtures had once been attached, and a rectangular hole for what was possibly an electrical switch.
Prior to 2008, a chalkborad was attached to the base of the case in the area where the original keydesk may have been. The console as it existed in 2007 was detached in a fixed position at the front center of the balcony and facing the pipe facade. The console had 7 thumb pistons underneath the Swell manual, and 7 thumb pistons underneath the Great manual. A cancelation thumb piston was also located underneath the Great manual. Stop keys were located over the top keyboard, with white keys used for stops and black keys for couplers. There are 16 stops and 11 couplers. (Sources: Personal knowledge of the instrument & photographs taken prior to the rebuild by Reynolds Associates in 2008).
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by Timothy E. Conyers, using information from this web site: http://music.stlawrencemuncie.com/organ.htm. -- This instrument was rebuilt by Reynolds Organ Co. in 2008.