The organ was originally built in 1913 for the Elmwood Theatre, Buffalo. In 1922 the organ was replaced by a 3/15 Wurlitzer (Op. 568) in 1922, and the Skinner organ was relocated to St. Luke's A.M.E. Zion Church, Buffalo. It was later moved by Carl Stradtman to St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Buffalo, minus some parts. The project was abandoned and the enclosed divisions were boarded up.