This is a rebuild of an existing organ.
Identified by Scot Huntington, based on personal knowledge of the organ.
-- The Schlicker organ was a substantial rebuild of the 1925 Moller, resulting in an essentially new instrument from old parts. As a rebuild, the organ was under the direction of Donald Bohall, Schlicker Service Manager. Some of the Moller windchests, the architect-designed walnut façade, and a substantially number of Moller pipes, including most if not all the previously recycled 1891 Wm. Johnson & Son (opus 755) ranks were reused.
The new Positive division is installed behind a screen in an adjacent bay to the main chamber, and employing a slider chest, speaks slightly behind the main organ. The main chamber (Great, Pedal) is above and to the right of the choir apse seating, speaking both into the Choir and to the nave, while the Swell is located high to the left, in a chamber which speaks through a grill directly into the nave immediately south of the steps leading to the altar and choir apse. Concurrent with the order for this instrument, a 2 manual, 7-rank Schlicker unit organ was installed in the rear of the acoustically excellent chapel.