From Larry Trupiano via the NYC AGO NYC Organ Project: The organ in St. James Methodist was a second-hand "Size No. 35" instrument originally built in 1891 by Hook & Hastings of Boston, for Christ Episcopal Church in Greenburg, Pa. At an unknown time, this organ became the property of M. P. Möller, who then sold it (as Op. 1348) to St. James. The following letter suggests several additions but it is not known if any were transacted. Correspondence between Moller and St. James:
Rev. W. D. Beach Brooklyn, N.Y.
Dear Sir We will install in your church the Hook and Hastings organ formerly in service in the Epis. Church Greensburg [sic] Pa; consisting of eight speaking stops, four couplers and the usual accessories of a tracker organ with new casework of design and finish to match furnishings of the church, for a cost of Six Hundred ($600) Dollars. We can furnish and connect, a single phase A.C., 60 cycles Orgoblo that is nearly new for an additional cost of $135, exclusive of wiring. An Aeoline or an Echo Salicional can be added to the Swell organ including necessary alterations to swellbox for an additional cost of One Hundred and Thirty $130 Dollars for 46 pipes. 58 pipes would cost Two Hundred ($200) Dollars. A melodia can be added to the Great Organ for an additional cost of $100 for 46 pipes, or $175 for 58 pipes. All worn parts will be replaced with new ones and we will guarantee the organ for one year.
Yours respectfully M. P. Moller Per C. S. Losh
[This opus number on the Hook list for Christ Episcopal, Greensburg, PA.]