Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Thomas R. Thomas (2014)

Originally Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 1918, 1948)

Location:

Holy Cross Episcopal Church
118 Center Road
Weare, NH 03244 US
Organ ID: 53773

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 5 ranks. 348 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 25 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 25
  • Position: Movable console.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Tilting/rocking tablets above top manual.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on January 01, 2016:

Updated through online information from Thomas R. Thomas.
The organ has been donated to Holy Cross Church

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 09, 2014:

Updated through online information from Thom Thomas.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 08, 2014:

Organ relocated without any change. Identified by Thom Thomas, based on personal knowledge of the organ. -- Original installation of the organ was an orphanage in Worchester, Mass. The instrument was then moved to St. Anna's R.C. in Leominister, purchased in 2010 by Thom Thomas and set up in his barn. Main reservoir restored at that time. It is on loan to Holy Cross and is for sale.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Church Interior, Organ Case, and Console: Photograph by Thom Thomas. Taken on 2014-10-05

This instrument has been viewed 278 times.