Updated by J.R. Daniels, who has heard or played the organ. J.R. Daniels also named this publication as a source of information: December 18, 1895 - The Cortland Standard.
The organ was installed the week before Christmas, 1895 in the previous building (St. Mary of the Vale). It was first heard on Christmas Eve, 1895.
Updated through online information from Michael Haughn. -- Organ was built 1896 for St. Mary's of the Vail Catholic Church in Cortland, NY, which was across the street from the current location of St. Mary's Catholic Church.
Updated through on-line information from Michael Haughn. -- The organ was originally added to the choir loft during the church's construction, before the roof was built. The original blower was situated in a gallery level room to the left of the organ, in which large ducts provided the air. After a renovation of the instrument, the current blower system is now attached to the instrument.
Updated through information posted to PIPORG-L by Cullie Mowers: -- This unforgettable instrument in spectacular acoustics was heard with orchestra and chorus at the closing program of the 1980 OHS Convention. In the intervening years it has been extensively and respectfully restored, including the large and richly-decorated facade.
Status Note: There 1996
Moved to new bldg in 1913. Rear gallery. Bellows to be releathered 1997 by Culver Mowers.