Lyon & Healy (1904ca.)

Location:

Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church
11 East Main Street
Grafton, WV 26354 US
Organ ID: 54993

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 06, 2015:

Updated through online information from William Dunklin. -- Per Chris Nagorka, organbuilder, the organ was moved to Good Shepherd UMC Grafton WV circa 1965 and the facade was left in the IMDS. Subsequently another pipe organ has been installed behind the Lyon and Healy facade.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on April 30, 2015:

This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by William Dunklin, using information found in a vintage post card. -- Andrews Methodist Church merged with another congregation in the early 1960's and left this building. It has, since that time, been known as the International Mother's Day Shrine due to this being the location of the first celebration of Mother's Day. The IMD Shrine is used as a rental venue and wedding chapel. The organ appears to be maintained and used regularly. A February 2015 newspaper article mentions the facade pipes have been restored to their original colors as part of the building's on going restoration.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Sanctuary Interior, Chancel, and Organ Case: (ca. 1950) Vintage Postcard; image courtesy of William Dunklin.