Reconstruction utilizing Ryder chassis, keyboards and windchests; and Estey case, console shell, pedalboard and selected pipework.
The Ryder manual windchests were rebuilt with new plywood tables. The Great chest received new toeboards and new poplar sliders and gibs to accommodate its new stop arrangement. Two new diatonic pallet chests were built to accommodate the Estey Bourdon pipes at the sides. The Ryder 27-note Pedal Bourdon chest and pipes were eventually used to replace the twelve-note Pedal stop on a c. 1995 Jesse Woodberry in SS. Peter & Paul Roman Catholic Church in West Warwick, RI, which Roche enlarged in 1978.
Matthew Bellocchio designed a new five-section case facade, inspired by Thomas Appleton's designs, to replace the Estey pipe fence above the impost. The center tower pipes are dummies. The other case sections reuse the Estey facade pipes. When the organ was reinstalled, the window behind the organ was covered over to prevent drafts and to block light. During a redecoration of the church in 2004, the window covering was removed to permit the window to be illuminated by spotlights that were, unfortunately, attached to the swell box. The organ is now filled with plaster dust and a gray electrical box for the window lights is mounted on the lower case. -- 2005 OHS Handbook
Organ was part of the 2005 OHS Convention.
Uses chassis from Ryder #145, c.1887, from Brockton, Universalist (later Temple Beth Emunah), and some Estey parts.