Subsequent research has revealed that this was also known as Spring Street Methodist. The organ was a gift from Bethel Methodst of Charleston when they got their new Austin in 1934,
An original installation. Identified by James R. Stettner, using information from this web site: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/sc0417.photos.146790p/.
The chapel was built in 1856 by a group of Methodist dissenters. It was called St. James Chapel. It evidently remained a church until Hurricane Hugo passed through Charleston on the night of September 21, 1989, leaving the building severely damaged. The roof was torn off and the interior was destroyed.
After a major renovation, the building was again opened on November 11, 1990. The St. James United Methodist congregation merged with Asbury United Methodist at Asbury's building, and the church became the Karpeles manuscript library museum. The organ case (at least) remains in its original position in the rear gallery. Status is not yet known.
Church exterior: Historic American Buildings Survey HABS SC-374 (after 1933): Library of Congress Photo; public domain.
Sanctuary interior ith organ in rear gallery: Historic American Buildings Survey HABS SC-374 (after 1933): Library of Congress Photo; public domain.