Updated through online information from Steve Bartley.
A display case of early church photographs, at the Catonsville Presbyterian Church, Catonsville MD. Shows a photo of the Memorial Church organ, having been installed in the then new Catonsville Church in 1924, Which indicates that the organ was sold or given to the Catonsville Congregation. This organ was used until the 1961 Moller (opus 9483) was installed. The Roosevelt organ sat in a chamber at the right of the pulpit area, with the keydesk attached to the front-center of the woodwork.
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by Steve Bartley, using information found in Baltimore Sun Paper, 10/14/1891 p. 6.
Brief account in the Sun Paper states the organ has a "double bank of keys", "all the latest improvements", "water motor","built by Roosevelt of New York" ....During 1891 Adam Stein & his family had moved to NY City, where he seems to work with at the Roosevelt main factory, having left the Baltimore branch, of Roosevelt, in the hands of two men from out of town, possibly just filling in for Stein.
When Roosevelt firm closed in 1892, Stein returns to Baltimore with Roosevelt patents and blessing to continue using them, taking up under his own name in the Baltimore Roosevelt shop.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.