This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by Scot Huntington, using information found in Johnson opus list, typed stoplist in old Moller files.
This organ cost $4,600, and was exhibited June 13, 1870, by J.H. Willcox. Replaced by M.P. Moller Op. 3924, in 1925. The fate of the organ is unknown, but a typed stoplist for the Johnson exists in the Moller files for Op. 3924, but no mention is made whether or not the organ was taken in trade. The Annotated Johnson opus list published in conjunction with the 2015 O.H.S. convention, stated the long-held theory the organ had been been moved to Ludlow, Vermont was incorrect, and its ultimate fate remains unknown.
The presence of the 8' Vox Humana in the Swell instead of a Cornopean is atypical for Johnson. This organ was replaced by a new M.P. Moller in 1925, Op. 3925, a 3-manual, 65-register instrument.