Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by William Dunklin, using information found in published church history.
The congregation built a 200 seat stone church on this site in 1856 replacing an earlier log building. According the church's published history "In 1874 the congregation voted to purchase a pipe organ. This was done for the sum of $800.00. The dedicatory services took place on April 19, 1874." The congregation tore down the stone church in 1900 and built a new, brick facility on the same site. The 1874 organ was moved to the brick church and served until it was replaced in 1917. A 1910 postcard shows the organ in the brick church. Fate of the 1874 organ is unknown. The congregation is now known as the Swiss United Church of Christ. The 1901 building is in use as of 2016.