Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Dennis Cantwell (2015)

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1905)

Location:

Holy Innocents School - Chapel
2530 S. 289th St.
Federal Way, WA 98003 US
Organ ID: 59853

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: High Schools, Preparatory Schools, and Academies
  • The organ is currently being renovated or restored.
  • The organ's condition needs attention, but in usable condition.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on February 18, 2017:

This describes a rebuild of an existing organ.
Identified by James R. Stettner, listing conversations with this person as the source of the information: Dennis Cantwell, who installed it in Stanwood, Washington in 1964 and owns it now..
The organ was originally built for Our Lady of Good Help in Seattle, Washington. It was removed in 1949 and placed in storage. In 1964-65, Dennis Cantwell installed the organ at St. Cecelia RC Church in Stanwood, Washington. In 1975, they gave it back to him, and it was placed in storage at Holy Innocents School where Mr. Cantwell is the Headmaster. It was installed in a building to become the chapel and was first partially playable for commencement in 2015. Installation and refinement are on-going at present.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 132 times.