According to 1986 OHS Handbook: "Restored by Vincent & Cheryl Gilbert, Grand Detour, Illinois, Op. 5, 1983.
"The parish did not have a pipe organ until after 1907 when the King organ was purchased second-hand from the Tellers-Sommerhof Organ Co. of Erie, Pennsylvania. The Pastor, Rev. George W. Clark, was fond of playing cards and joined a group of men from Dubuque with similar interests. It appears that he won a rather large bet during one of the games, and allowed as how he would like a pipe organ for his church. His friends obliged, and the King organ was the result. We have not been able to learn where it came from, despite considerable research. It is said that the organ came in 1904, but the Tellers-Sommerhof Organ Co. was not in existence until several years later. The King organ served until the 1960's, at which time it was abandoned and unprofessionally moved to one side of the choir loft. In 1983, a generous contribution from an anonymous donor made possible the very careful restoration by Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert. The organ is the oldest known existing King organ, and can still be hand-pumped. The elegant stop labels are all new, the originals having long since disappeared."
The parish is now joined with two other parishes as the St. John Baptist de La Salle Pastorate.
Unplayable, but to be restored.
Organ in gallery: Photograph from an archival source: 1986 OHS Handbook, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken approx. 1986
Console: Photograph from an archival source: 1986 OHS Handbook, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken approx. 1986