Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

A. B. Felgemaker Co. (Opus 590, 1894)

Location:

First Methodist Episcopal Church
301 Wooster Street
Marietta, OH 45750 US
Organ ID: 60392

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 2 manuals.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on July 16, 2017:

This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ.
Identified by J. A. Hefner, listing this web site as a source of information: http://www.christumcmarietta.org/wp-content/cache/thumbnails/2016/05/historyBNR-1170x500-c.jpg.
http://www.christumcmarietta.org/about/our-history/

The church was constructed in 1885, and the organ dates to 1894 (according to opus number courtesy Aaron M. Tellers). This substantial-looking instrument can be seen here -
http://www.christumcmarietta.org/wp-content/cache/thumbnails/2016/05/historyBNR-1170x500-c.jpg

In 1969, Trinity Methodist Episcopal merged with First Methodist, creating Christ United Methodist Church (still in the 1885 building). In 1986, the Trinity building was sold, and Christ/First Methodist installed a Klais tracker organ from Germany. What happened to the Felgemaker isn't known.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 170 times.