Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1918)

Originally George Jardine & Son (1884)

Location:

Congregation B'nai Jeshurun
257 West 88th Street
New York City: Manhattan, NY 10025 US
Organ ID: 62475

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Synagogues and other Jewish Houses of Worship
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 3 manuals.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 01, 2018:

The first organ in the present Sanctuary was the 1884 three-manual George Jardine & Son pipe organ that was moved by an unknown builder from the previous building on Madison Avenue. It seems likely that the organ was electrified at this time.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in New York sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 358 times.