The organ was dedicated on February 12, 1956, with Dr. William Lester at the console. The instrument was romantic in design with all divisions enclosed and without mixtures. Communication with the organ company just months before the contract was signed indicate that the company "wouldn't hesitate to use the best of the church's old organ as it was a memorial gift." There is also mention of using Aeolian, Bennett, and Kimball materials the company had in stock. The antiphonal division was added in 1959 by Sauter. Discussion began in 1975 about the need to rebuild the chancel organ. Berghaus Organ Company rebuilt the organ and expanded it in 1984, Fowler Pipe Organ Company rebuilt and expanded it again in 1995, and G. M. Buck Pipe Organs rebuilt it again in 2011.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on December 18, 2018.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.