Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Berghaus Organ Co. (1984)

Originally Frank J. Sauter & Sons (1956)

Location:

First Congregational Church
2001 Niles Ave.
St. Joseph, MI 49085 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 62874

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Congregational Church
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on December 18, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 52 ranks. 5 divisions. 3 manuals.
All:
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on December 18, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 5
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Combination Action Toe Piston(s)
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on December 18, 2018.
Database Manager on July 18, 2018:

This was an extensive rebuild and expansion of the Sauter organ. Discussion began at the church in February of 1976 about the need to rebuild the instrument. By 1981, there wasn't a piston that worked, and the organist couldn't use the Swell. On, May 12, 1985, Dr. C. Warren Becker played the dedication recital. The organ was rebuilt again in 1997 by Fowler Organ Company and then again in 2011 by G. M. Buck Organ Company. (information from historical notes provided by the church).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on December 18, 2018.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 83 times.