Updated by Connor Annable
This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ.
Identified by Sam Cherubin, listing this web site as a source of information: http://www.dobsonorgan.com/html/instruments/op93_newyork.html.
This is a completely brand new instrument, retaining only 10 stops from the previous Aeolian-Skinner/G.F Adams/Mann & Trupiano Organ. A new south chancel case was built and the existing 1913 Skinner case on the north chancel was renovated and the facade pipes were polished.
The new Dobson organ utilizes both the north and south organ chambers. With the Great and Positive divisions in the new south case, and Swell, Choir, Solo & Pedal in the 1913 north case. The Trompette en Chamade remained in its original location above the doors to Fifth Ave below the rose window.
The organ console was gutted with new electronics, stop jambs and keyboards while retaining the historic 1913 Skinner organ shell.