The Wurlitzer was originally built for the Liberty Theatre in North Bend, Oregon as a 2-manual, 8-rank Style F. In 1943, it was moved to the Show Box Night Club of Seattle by Balcom and Vaughan who modified the console to be 3-manuals. In 1960, it was sold to Don French of south Seattle for his residence. Don French enlarged the organ from 8 to 10 ranks with the addition of a Morton Oboe Horn and Clarinet. In 1969, Don French also purchased the Style 260 Wurlitzer console opus 935 from the State Theatre in Cleveland Ohio. In 1970, the organ and both consoles were sold to Brian Ingolsby who installed it in Steve's Gay 90's Restaurant in Tacoma along with the Style 260 Wurlitzer console opus 935. The modified opus 776 Liberty Theatre console was sold to Terry Hochmuth who restored it to 2-manuals. The organ served the restaurant for only about 2-3 years, and was then placed in storage. In 1992, it was purchased by Russ and JoAnn Evans for their Kenmore, Washington home where it still plays at this time. It has been enlarged to 18 ranks.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.