Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1762)

Location:

St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Wallingford, CT US
Organ ID: 64491

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on October 08, 2019.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on October 08, 2019.
Main:
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on October 08, 2019.
Database Manager on October 07, 2019:

This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ.
Identified by James R. Stettner, listing this web site as a source of information: https://www.stpaulswallingford.org/history.html.
According to the History page of the parish website, "When the structure was completed in 1762, Captain Cook installed in it an organ imported from England, the first organ in Wallingford and only the second in all Connecticut. (This organ was sold to North Haven in the 1840's and was still in existence in 1869, in the possession of William R. Gardner, an organ builder in New Haven.)"

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on October 08, 2019.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in Connecticut sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 67 times.