The organ has one keyboard and three ranks: 8' Diapason (rohrgedeckt) split at middle c, 4' metal Principal - not divided, and 2' Fifteenth - also not divided, and added to the organ in the 1980s, replacing an original 8' Dulciana. Compass C (no C sharp) to f3,We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on March 26, 2020.
The organ was built in 1810 by James Bruce for Muir, Wood and Co. in Edinburgh. It was purchased by the Polhill family for their house in Bedfordshire. It remained there until 1957, when it was sold at auction and disappeared for a while. It reappeared in the 1980s as part of the collection of harpsichord builder Ronald Haas. He had it put back into playing order, with the addition of an electric blower and the addition of the 2' rank. After his death, it was sold by Bonhams to an antiques dealer in Pasadena. They eventually put it on eBay.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on March 26, 2020.