First Congregational Church
140 S. Main Street
Wellington, OH 44090 US
Organ ID: 6502
Updated through online information from James Leek.
Updated through online information from Leek Pipe Organ Company. -- Our firm currently acts as curator to the instrument. This instrument replaced an earlier Felgemaker following its destruction in the church fire of 1895. In September of 1896, the church and new organ were dedicated. The Pedal is tubular pneumatic, despite tracker action on the other divisions. At some point, the cone tuned flue pipes were converted to slide tuning. The original pedal board was also discarded for a 32-note AGO standard replacement. During our curatorship at the church, our firm installed a lower octave to the Swell Oboe 8', a new blower box, and has maintained the leather work and other components. - Leek Pipe Organ Company (Oberlin, Ohio)