This organ was identified by James R. Stettner based on online information from this website: https://www.forestgroveunited.com/pipe-organ . According to notes on that webpage, "Birthplace: Christian Science Church, Dayton Ohio, U.S.A. An Estey Organ was installed shortly after the church’s completion in December, 1923. This organ was replaced by a 42-rank, three-manual McManis organ in 1955. McManis Inc. was located in Kansas City, Kansas. While some of the original chest and pipework was retained, McManis installed four new large Pitman Chests and added several new ranks of pipes. The organ is distinctly ‘American Classic’ in design, producing a sound that is clear, excelling in the performance of music from the Baroque era, yet able to execute more modern styles: French-inspired reeds, three pairs of celesting ranks, and three complete choruses, and two expressive divisions add great flexibility in sound.
Adopted Home: Forest Grove United Church, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In Toronto, the organ was removed, transported and installed in a joint venture between Don Pole of ‘Pole and Kingham Pipe Organs’, assisted by Joel VanderZee and Rich Hrytzak of ‘VanderZee Organs’. The pneumatic mechanism in the console was removed, replaced by an electronic Peterson control system. Also installed was MIDI capability (used on the ‘harp’ section of Track 8). Windchests and pipework were preserved, with significant alteration needed to accommodate the new location. With no space for the two rank Echo division, however, it was left behind in Ohio. A trumpet was added to the Great division. Some voicing to tame bright upperwork was necessary. The voicing is otherwise untouched. The organ, moved and installed in 2012/13, was completed April, 2014."
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.