See documents for description of the dedication concert by John M'E. Ward, organist of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Philadelphia, reported the day after the dedication concert. The organ was named the "Dr. F. Winger memorial pipe organ...The organ is a gift to the Bethany Rofermed congregation from Mrs. Clara A. Winger, as a memorial to her late husband, Dr. F. Winger, of Ephrata."
According to that description, the organ was "built on the Bates & Culley patent tubular pneumatic principle" with a detached console connected by "hundreds of tubes" and an electric motor; the case was of mahogany and maple, French polished.
"Two double 'fronts' are seen filled with Diapason and Dulciana pipes, decorated in aluminum leaf and lacquered gilt."
Known from a list published in a descriptive report of the dedication of the organ in Emporium, Pennsylvania. The Cameron County Press, February 1, 1906, p. 1.
The organ was purchased for $2,000. The church was originally known as Cocalico German Reformed Church. In 1893, the congregation bought Union Chapel, 140 East Main Street, Ephrata. They paid $1,650, remodeled it, and moved into the town one year later. The building was razed in 1914 and a new building was built. Ephrata builder Harry Gerhart was contracted to erect the church. By January 1915 the social room was in use; on Tuesday March 30 the pipe organ was dedicated with an audience of more than 600 in attendance and on May 23, the building was consecrated. The entire cost of the project was $25,113.36.