This organ was originally built for the Lincoln-Dixie Theatre in Chicago Heights, Illinois. It was acquired by Gary Rickert of Peterson Electro-Musical Corp. in 1970. In 2013, he donated the organ to the Lakeside School District in Ashtablua, Ohio via the Lakeside Music Boosters Organ Committee for installation at Lakeside High School. It was removed from the Rickert residence in July 2013.
According to the American Theatre Organ Society website, "...it arrived at the high school a few weeks later. Work began immediately to build the chamber and blower room. Many hours were spent on installing the new console wiring and control system. Everything was cleaned, new parts built to replace missing, and all pneumatics recovered, all under the direction of Vic Marsilio of Victor Organ LLC of Austintown, Ohio. Finally, after many months of work, the organ will be ready to continue its work this coming February. < snip > The first event is scheduled for February 8, 2014 at 2:30 P.M. in the Lakeside Performing Arts Center with a concert by Walt Strony, concert organist, silent film accompanist, recording artist and pipe organ consultant. Mr. Strony’s theatre organ teacher was Al Melgard, who was staff organist for the Chicago Stadium. Mr. Melgard was also the first organist for the new theatre organ installed in the Lincoln-Dixie Theatre in 1921, now located at Lakeside high School Performing Arts Center."
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.