Hugo E. Stahl (1913)

Originally A. B. Felgemaker Co. (Opus 504, 1889ca.)

Location:

St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church
Lawrence Co.
Pierce City, MO 65723 US
Organ ID: 6708

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 31, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 12 ranks. 2 manuals. 12 stops. 14 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 31, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Stops: 12
  • Registers: 14
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: Fixed mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 31, 2018.
Database Manager on May 30, 2015:

Updated through online information from John Panning. -- Op. 504, a number that is found stamped in this instrument, is reputed to have been built for First Presbyterian Church in Clearfield, Pennsylvania, c. 1889. The signature of Hugo E. Stahl and the date of Jan. 22, 1913 appear in the organ; Stahl, a one-time employee of Barckhoff, had his own firm in Chicago and was active in the upper Midwest. St. Mary's present church building was dedicated on March 11, 1913, so we assume that the organ was moved by Stahl and installed for the opening of the church.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Felgemaker (c. 1890, Opus507).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1997

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Originally built for First Presbyterian, Clearfield, Pennsylvania. Moved here and rebuilt by Felgemaker.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from the console May 17, 2014
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 324 times.