This organ was built for the 1882 Music Festival that took place in the Seventh Regiment Armory. For this organ Roosevelt employed large scales and voiced the pipes on special pressures. There was a detached console, and the action was electro-pneumatic. After the close of the festival, the organ was dismantled and sent to Chicago for another music festival there. Later, the organ was installed in the Metropolitan Opera House in New York, with two stops omitted, where it was damaged by fire in 1892.