from "Organs of Greater Lawrence" by Robert J Reich
Organized 1875 as Riverside Mission, Water St.; 1877 became Riverside Evangelical; 1890 became Riverside Cong.; c1965 merged with United Cong. to become United Riverside Cong. at Riverside bldg.; 1st bldg. was a barn moved to Water St. from nearby and raised up to put a new first floor under it; 1928, it was moved back and rebuilt into a parish house and a new stone church built in front. 1st bldg. had a reed organ. *SP Organ: Frazee, 1929, 2m, 14r., partially revoiced for much greater strength in 1979 by Andover Organ Co.