First Presbyterian Church
Three Rivers, MI US
Organ ID: 67609
This entry represents the installation of a new organ. Identified from Church archives. In December of 1881 the Ladies Society of the church made the decision to purchase an organ. They chose an organ manufactured by G. House of Buffalo, New York to cost $3,000.00. It was installed in July 1882. It was the first pipe organ in the city. In 1946 a “rebuild” of the organ was conducted by the Michigan Pipe Organ Company. Submitted through online information from Larry Hermen.
Organ and facade: Photograph from an archival source: Vintage postcard, submitted by Rick Erickson. Taken approx. ca. 1900
Church exterior: Photograph from an archival source: Church Facebook page, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. ca. 1890's